Contesting a Will is sadly becoming increasingly common. However cases involving will disputes can be difficult and it is important to appoint a solicitor who specialises in these cases.
Our will solicitors specialise in both bringing and defending contested probate cases.
Please think carefully before bringing a case. Apart from the cost and stress, a will dispute can cause enormous damage to family relationships.
Possible reasons for going ahead
There are many reasons for contested Wills claims, including:
- Inheritance claims – dependants not getting ‘reasonable financial provision’ from the deceased’s estate under the Inheritance Act 1975
- Wrongly drafted Wills giving rise to professional negligence claims
- Claims against or between trustees or personal representatives
- The deceased lacked mental capacity
- The Will was made fraudulently or under duress
- The Will is invalid
- It is not the last Will of the deceased
- Lost Will
- Click here for more information on grounds for contesting a will
How can we help you in if you have a need for a Will Solicitor?
- We can assess early on your chances of a successful contested probate case
- Our specialist professional negligence solicitors can advise you on making a claim against a solicitor or Will writer for negligence in Will drafting
- We offer no win no fee agreements for appropriate cases
Why choose us to help if contesting a will?
- Our solicitors are Wills experts
- We offer FREE initial phone advice for contested probate
- Our will solicitors can handle your case wherever you live in the UK.
- They can take your instructions by email and phone without needing to meet you – or can see you in one of our 4 offices in Hampshire, Wiltshire, and Dorset.
Contact us today
Our solicitors represent clients nationwide in contesting Wills – especially in Wiltshire, Devon, Somerset, Berkshire, Hampshire and Dorset.
So wherever you live in the UK, for clear and practical legal advice on contesting a will, contact our wills solicitors today for FREE initial advice:
- FREEPHONE 0800 1404544 or
- use the contact form below: