If you currently live abroad, but you want to contest a will or make an inheritance claim in the UK, our specialist solicitors can help.
You may be surprised to hear that there are an estimated 5 million Britons currently living abroad. According to figures from the UK Department of Work and Pensions, there are, for example over 1 million British expats in Australia alone, with around another 800,000 in both the USA and Spain.
With these figures, and since many of them still have elderly relatives back in the UK, it’s hardly surprising that an increasing number of British expats are involved in contested probate claims.
Where do I start my contested will claim?
If the deceased person lived in England or Wales, or if they had significant assets here, then any legal action to contest a will has to be run in England and Wales- regardless of where the beneficiaries or trustees live.
However, if the testator was considered to be domiciled in another country, or had significant financial assets outside England and Wales, it’s possible that you may need to apply to court there – either instead of, or in addition to any claim in the British courts.
How we can help you
- We specialise in contested probate and will challenge cases
- We offer FREE initial phone advice
- We can give you an early indication of whether your claim is likely to be successful
- Our specialist professional negligence solicitors can advise you on making a claim against a solicitor or will writer for negligence in will drafting
- If it appears that the original solicitor or Will writer was negligent in drafting the will itself, our specialist professional negligence team can advise on the chances of a successful negligence claim
How can I instruct you?
Whatever’s easiest for you – here at solicitors Bonallack and Bishop, we routinely represent a wide variety of clients clients throughout England and Wales and overseas using a combination of phone, email and Skype video. Which is easiest for you?
Live outside the UK? Want to contest a will? Contact us now
Our solicitors represent clients nationwide in contesting wills – throughout England and Wales, and for clients who live overseas.
So wherever you live, for clear and practical legal advice on contesting a will, get in touch with our specialist team today for FREE initial phone advice:
- Call us FREE on FREEPHONE 0800 1404544 or
- use the contact form below: